Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Chicken!!

This is me last week, finishing off the essay.....

And now in the great spirit of turning, the performer turns once more, this time from the private to the public, in the spirit of mastery in service, in manifestation, in anticipation of the turning from one age to the next.


This is me this week just starting with Arabic immersion at Beloit....

swinging my arms around exclaiming dashaaj! (arabic for "chicken") with everybody else in my class because we're so excited to pick up at least SOME vocabulary thus far.

Say it with me now.....dashaaj!
Don't forget to swing those arms!

3 comments:

ayani_taliba said...

dashaaaaaaaaj! ant dashaj al-an, dude. (now you are a chicken!) what about "cat"?

Anna said...

hey,
good luck over the summer with your work. I would love to in school again, but instead I work :~p which had it's place too.

Peace and Joy,
Anna.

Mr. Cat said...

cuttu- cat - Meowwww

So it turns out that one of the instructors who had been in the country for the past year on Fulbright is best friends with Mahmoud. He was only here for the first couple of days though. His year is over so he just went back. I told him that Mahmoud would know he was talking about me if he told him that he met Mr. Cat while at Beloit.